Wine drinking is an art. Some are born with it, some may just have to learn it. And for those who are learning it, we’ve got your back. We will tell you the right way to sip your wine, so you don’t embarrass yourself in front of others.
To start with, you should always treat wine as a holy drink, which by the way is made from fermented grape juice loved across the world. It is much more than opening, pouring and gulping. You should first learn the way to choose the perfect glass, best temperature and the kind of people – there are just too much of science, social, history attached to it. But for a beginner, we give you the step by step process on how you should embrace the taste of wine.
This is how you enjoy a wine drinking session:
- At first, the wine must be brought to a right temperature. If it’s white, then you should chill it in the fridge for at least an hour and if it’s red, it’s best served at room temperature
- Make sure there are no sediments in the wine as it needs to be decanted before consumption. If you are confused what is sediments, it’s the protein, grape skin, less, which the winemakers leave intentionally to preserve the colour and give your wine a richer texture
- Though neglected most of the times, choosing the right glass for wine drinking is of equal importance. Yes, it does make a big difference. If you are drinking red wine, the glasses need to be clear. Whereas, for white wine, glasses are tall and slim as no air contact is required
- Once the wine is poured in the right glass, you need to allow it to breathe for a moment. Relish this holy drink. And don’t forget to swirl the wine before drinking to bring out the nature and spirit of the wine. Take it from an expert, never fill the glass fully. And it is up to you to see if the glass is half- empty or half – full. Totally up to you!
- Finally, you are ready to tingle your taste buds. Drink some wine. However, no matter how thirsty you are, never ever gulp the wine. We repeat again, never ever gulp the wine. Rather, take a sip and keep it in your mouth for a few seconds to savour its taste
A perfect glass of wine is important for your self-esteem, confidence and to kill all your insecurities. So, if you are looking for a cool hangout place in Bangalore – visit Murphy’s Brewhouse. Along with the best brewed beer in Bangalore, we give you the best glass of wine – in a perfect glass!