What makes a perfect pour?
A perfect pour is one which goes right through the taste of the beer and keeps its essence and flavors. Pouring a beer is more of an art than science. Appreciating a great beer and how to pour right through to the taste is very essential.
Here at Murphy’s Brew house, we will teach you how to pour the perfect pint and appreciate this fine art.
To pour a perfect pint you have 6 steps
- You need a clean and dry beer glass
- Hold the glass at a 45 degree angle and try to aim at the heart (1 inch below the head) of the glass
- Slowly pour the beer into the glass and make sure you take your time to pour. As the beer gets filled till the heart of the glass, stop pouring and slowly tilt the glass back to 90 degree angle.
- This is where the beer basically comes to life. What happens here is that there is a surge of millions of gas bubbles coming through the glass and forming a creamy beer foam at the top. You can notice that the beer is coming to life and the head is growing bigger and bigger. You get that lovely mix of gases rising up to the top of the glass, giving you that distinct essence. All the beer ingredients rise up to the top of the glass and you can see the foam gently accumulating
- Leave the beer for a minute to rise up through the glass. This step is important as it takes time for the beer to settle down to give you that distinct taste of a crafted beer. You can notice that the beer is getting darker at the bottom
- Now the last part is to hold the beer glass straight and slowly pour the beer till the head of the glass. This will create a beautiful dome effect on the top of the beer. It’s essential to pour slowly to avoid overspill and to create a foam which settles on top of the beer forming a dome effect
Just before you gulp down, take your time to admire the beer. A true enthusiast will admire every glass of beer before gulping it down like a champ.