Hot cocktails are the best when it’s rainy, a little chilly or when you crave alcohol while being under the weather.
Some easy and tasty recipes for best hot cocktails are listed here:
- HOT APPLE TODDY: Take some apples, and bake them first. Then, take a mug and warm it with some hot water. Put in the baked apple and sugar and muddle them together. Pour in boiling water and the drink of your choice (bourbon or cognac). Stir well, grate some nutmeg and enjoy. Made with good whiskey, and with honey instead of sugar, this drink is soothing when you’ve caught a cold. Tastes pretty good when you’re feeling fine, too.
- HOT GIN PUNCH: This recipe is pretty simple. Take a large saucepan and add Gin, Madeira wine, Lemon twists, an orange slice, some pineapple chunks, Honey, fresh lemon juice, cloves, a pinch ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, brown sugar. Let it simmer in low heat for approximately 20 minutes. Serve with orange slices garnish studded with cloves.
- HOT RUM COFFEE: Combine coffee, creamy milk (heated), sugar, grated nutmeg and cardamom. Pour this mixture over some rum in a cup, stir gently and garnish with grated chocolate.
- HEATED AFFAIR: This might be the simplest of them all. The ingredients include hot spiced apple cider, tequila, heavy cream and some nutmeg and cinnamon stick for garnish. Pour the cider and tequila in a pre-heated Irish coffee glass, and float a little bit of heavy cream on top of it. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon and its ready.
- SALTED BUTTERSCOTCH HOT CHOCOLATE: This drink requires some work. To make the caramel, heat sugar in a small saucepan with some scotch and heavy cream. Add salt and whisk it well and then set it aside. Now, stir cocoa with salt. Stir in milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Stir constantly, until chocolate melts. Whisk gently and then whisk in the caramel, slowly adding the scotch. Pour hot cocoa into cups and top it with whipped cream.
Come to Murphy’s Brewhouse and enjoy our hot drinks- Murphy’s Irish coffee, hot toddy and hot whiskey toddy. If you are looking to grab the best beer in Bangalore, we are right around the corner!