Beer is a drink that has always been identified with men and masculinity. It has always been associated with activities involving men such as fishing, and watching sports. Like all other roles have been pre-defined by society based on gender, similarly drinking beer for ages has been considered as a prerogative right of men. As we know the times are changing and like all other areas dominated by men, women have been able to barge into this territory as well. The consumption of beer is gradually trending among women as well.
Here we will give you some more interesting reasons to try beer over your favorites
- It has an ingredient called Humulus lupulus, commonly known as ‘hop’ which contains an aphrodisiac agent called phytoestrogen which helps in increasing the estrogen level in women, responsible for sex drive.
- It is more refreshing than any other drink and has around 400 varieties, gives you ample options to choose from.
- The first professional brewers were women.
- According to a study published in New England Journal of England, women who drink beer moderately and frequently have sharper cognitive skills in comparison to non- drinkers, Thus drinking beer also makes you smarter.
- It may help in the balancing of hormones in cases of diseases like polycystic ovary syndrome and perimenopause.
- It has nutrients like silicon and magnesium which helps in increasing the bone density.
- Vitamins present in beer makes skin beautiful, smooth and supple. It also helps in fighting pigmentation of the skin.
Need more reasons to love beer? Check out our other blog posts to get more insights in the world of beer, how to drink it and just in case, how to cure hangovers as well. So next time when you plan to drink, say “cheers” over a pint of beer. To get hold of fresh beer in Bangalore, come to Murphy’s Brewhouse , best brewery in town.